This week has been a lot of finding books and narrowing down my topic for my paper. I will be comparing how Jesuits, Franciscans, and Dominicans used art in their process of converting the native population.
Five questions I am going to be looking into are…
1. What are the basic principles behind each denomination that could have impacted the way they used art?
2. How the baroque movement impacted art at the missions?
3. What effect did how each denomination used art have on lasting relations at those missions?
4. What part did native resistance/negotiation play at each different denomination?
5. How does the time period in which each denomination is at each mission effect them?